Visit SkiptonSkipton is a great place to visit! Its unique appeal lies in the combination of olde-worlde charm and the hustle and bustle of a busy, thriving market town.
With the historic Market, medieval castle, canal and an unrivalled range of independent shops and nationally recognised high street brands, Skipton provides something for the whole family.
Skipton also sits at the southern end of some of the most beautiful countryside in the UK - and is known rightly as The Gateway to the Yorkshire Dales..
The separate Visit Skipton website tells you everything you need to know.
The Visit Skipton website also includes information for coach and group travel operators interested in including Skipton and its Market in their travel itineraries.
There are a number of incentives available, including free coach parking, for pre-booked groups.
- Cenotaph, War Memorials & Statues
- Christmas Lights
- Churchyards & Closed Burial Grounds
- Civic Events
- Community Grants
- Environment & Planning
- Events & Festivals
- Heap Parkinson Homes
- Marketing & Tourism
- Petyt Library
- Public Conveniences
- Recreation Grounds & Play Areas
- Skipton Business Crime Reduction Partnership
- Skipton Market
- Street Lighting & Street Furniture
- Support to Community & Voluntary Groups
- Tarn Moor Estate
- Town Centre Ambassadors
- Town Centre Management
- Town Twinning
- Urban Grass Cutting
- Annual Return and the Council's Accounts
- History of the Council
- Opening Times
- Council Committees
- Skipton Town Mayor
- Council Staff
- How To Become a Councillor
- Financial & Transparency Information
- Press & Public Relations
- Current Job Vacancies
- Publication Scheme
- Freedom of Information Requests
- Complaints Procedure